2. Plan a target budget for the wedding.
It is very important to plan for the budget for the whole wedding celebration because if you have a budget plan everything will follow smoothly. You should set the budget for the wedding outfit and accessories, hair and make-up, church fee, reception, bridal car, video and photography and of course honeymoon get-ways. You should also have an extra budget for any miscellaneous expenses that is unexpected. In my wedding last December 2007, our budget for the whole wedding celebration is approximately Php 200, 000.
3. Choose the church venue, coordinate the requirements needed and book the date of the wedding.
It is better to visit the church that you wanted for your wedding rather than just inquiring over the phone. A year before our wedding, my husband and I attended a christening of my niece and we feel the church is a great venue for our wedding. We book the date of our wedding 6 months earlier the wedding date and we are given the standard wedding requirements.
Basic Church Wedding Requirements:
- Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
– You can request the CENOMAR online if you don’t have enough time to personally request for it at NSO which we did for the completion of our requirements.
- Marriage License – can be requested from the municipality of the bride or the groom. Before we were able to secure the marriage license a marriage counselling seminar is also required.
- Canonical Interview- this is an interview for the bride and the groom by the parish priest done one month before the wedding date which is scheduled upon signing the application form.
- Pre-Marriage Seminar – schedule for the seminar will be given after the canonical interview
- Wedding Banns – provided during the canonical interview, the bride and the groom have to immediately bring these to their respective parishes for posting and returned to the office after three sunday. We submitted a picture (each for bride and groom) to our respective parishes as a requirement for the posting of the wedding banns.
My Wedding Checklist:
Wedding Checklist Links