Pregnancy and Prenatal check-ups

103 Flares Filament.io 103 Flares ×

motherhood pregnancy“Motherhood is an ultimate gift a woman will treasure forever.”

Having a baby is one of the most exciting endeavours a woman can undertake. The excitement and curiosity lies ahead sometimes you even feel scared and sensitive during pregnancy.  There are three stages of pregnancy called “Trimesters” and in this period you will go through a series of changes. There is also much learning to take place and exciting discoveries as we journey towards parenthood. Motherhood is an ultimate gift a woman will treasure forever.
Although, there are many articles/ topics that can be found on the internet about pregnancy but it’s not that easy to relate especially for first time moms. In this article, I would like to share some relevant information about pregnancy that I have research during my pregnancy in my first baby last 2008. Also, I have included some of my experiences in my trimester (physical and emotional) personal care and some of my suggestions.

Sources: My pregnancy organizer booklet from Multicare and “The First Year Book” by Dr. Eric Trimmer.

Learn how to compute for the expected date of delivery (EDD)

The recommended schedule of prenatal check-ups:

1. Every month until the 7th month of gestation
  2. Every two weeks from the 8th month until the 9th month of gestation and, finally,
  3. Weekly until delivery

green arrow2Pregnancy Symptoms and what you can do about it.

green arrow2Pregnancy multivitmanins

green arrow2Best sleep position on bed during pregnancy

green arrow2The First Trimester (weeks 1 to 12)

green arrow2The Second Trimester (weeks 13 to 27)

green arrow2Classical music in pregnancy for baby’s brain development

green arrow2Congenital Anomaly Scan

green arrow2Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT)

green arrow2Essential list for baby

green arrow2The Third Trimester (weeks 28 to 42)

103 Flares Twitter 31 Facebook 33 Google+ 38 StumbleUpon 1 Pin It Share 0 Email -- Filament.io 103 Flares ×

Comments

1. says

What a super helpful article to read when expecting. :) I’ve had 2 kids already but I felt totally different during both pregnancies, it’s so weird. :P

2. says

There were a lot of things I didn’t know when I was pregnant. That’s because I was a first-time mom. Most of the time, I researched online for the info I needed or ask other moms and my mom. These helpful tips will surely make first-time moms’ lives easier.

3. says

We are fortunate to experience pre-natal checkups to ensure that our babies are healthy. I recently watched the news and one town in Mindanao, only 1 out of 10 pregnant women get to experience prenatal checkups. Harsh reality, i guess.

4. says

I read a baby book that you should have your pre-natal check-up at least thrice during pregnancy. One for every semester. Not sure if it’s true but if there’s a public health center near you then you should complete all the necessary pre-natal check ups.

5. says

my Ob-Gyne always told me that I am a perfect attendance mom, napupuno ung pre-natal diary ko, kasi every month talaga ako ngpapa check up ehehe

6. says

I didn’t miss any check up schedules during my pregnancy.. On my second pregnancy, the excitement was still the same and still always felt like it was the first time. I was glad the internet was readily available for other information.

Trackbacks