I would like to share the recipe of the dessert from Del Monte kitchenomics that I prepared this Christmas season. It was a successful dessert creation and I can say that it tastes good. Although at first when I tasted it, I don’t taste something special from it but as you munch it together with the cashew, pineapple and Nata de Coco or Kaong it will bring out the special taste in it. This is a very nice sweet dessert for the special season that you can prepare for your family because it requires a little dedication when you prepare it.
Note: It is easy to prepare but it will need a little careful with the mixture of ingredients and you’ll have to be a little creative with the design in the mold. The Pineapple Upside Down Mold is Fruity, nutty jello that’s simply irresistable!
Nutrition: Good source of Vitamin C- helps fight common infections.
- 1 can (439 g) Del Monte Sliced Pineapple, drained reserve syrup
- 1 tbsp toasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened red kaong (optional)
- 1 table spoon calamansi juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes (7g each) unflavored gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 pieces eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 teasepoon iodized salt
- ARRANGE DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Sliced Pineapple, cashew nuts and kaong at the bottom of desired gelatin mold. Set aside.
- COMBINE calamansi juice, sugar, 1/2 tsp iodized fine salt and pineapple syrup. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Add gelatin, then stir to dissolve completely. Set aside.
- BEAT egg yolks. Add gelatin mixture. Cook over low heat with continuous stirring for 4-5 minutes. Beat egg whites until stiff, then add to egg yolk mixture. Remove from flame. Cool slightly then add cream. Blend well. Pour into prepared mold. Cool then chill until set. Unmold and slice.
This recipe was originally from Del Monte Kitchenomics and I am just sharing it with the successful creation that I prepared this Christmas season when I followed the ingredients and procedure.
Remarks: Instead of using Kaong in the photo I used Nata de Coco because I love the taste of it compared to Kaong but I believe that it would be best to use Kaong in this dessert.