One of my favorite Filipino dish is Ginataang Isda (Fish cooked with coconut milk thick). I wanted to share my simple healthyway of cooking ginataang isda.
Note: Tuna and Tambakol (yellow fin fish)are the best fish to cook with this recipe.
Nutrition: A good source of omega-3 fatty acids found in Tuna fish beneficial for cardiovascular health. Vitamin B content in fish also helps maintain and build red blood cells and increase energy levels. Coconut milk has many health benefits and one of it is the antioxidants which help the body to hunt and kill hazardous free radicals that can kill the cells of the body over time, leaving you with cancers. Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
- 1/2 kilo of Tuna or Tambakol (yellow fin fish) about 6 slices in medium sizes
- 1/2 cup Malunggay leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk thick
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 pc (50 g) medium onion, sliced
- thumb size of ginger cut into thin slices
- 2 tsp (4.6 g) iodized fine salt or iodized rock salt
- 2 tablespoon of sugar or to taste
- 1 -2 Green Chillies (I use 3 green Chillies sliced diagonally without the seeds)
- Place Fish in a wok or pot with a wide opening together then add the remaining ingredients except for the Malunggay, green Chillies and coconut milk thick. Simmer for 25 minutes
- Add malunggay leaves, green chillies and thick coconut milk. Simmer until malunggay is cooked.
This recipe can make 6 servings.
Latest posts by Jem Alvarado (see all)
- Join the #WranglerSunChaser Weekly Challenge and Win - 04/23/2014
- DepEd’s Age Qualifications for Grade 1 - 04/23/2014
- Sutla Flawless Papaya Whitening Products Review - 04/22/2014