It summer time again and it is the best time for moms to prepare healthy snacks/ merienda for the kids. I love to cook with some twist of my own. This is one of my favorite simple merienda that is so easy to prepare.
Note: Choose nearly ripe(manibalang) Cardava Bananas (Saging na Saba) for a more yummier fry.
Nutrition: Bananas are rich in potassium helps promote regular heartbeat and proper balance of water in the body. It may reduce the risk of strokes and high blood pressure.
- 12 pieces Cardava Bananas (saging na saba) – peeled and cut into halves
- vegetable cooking oil or any cooking oil
- Brown Sugar
- Prepare the cooking pan in medium heat.
- When the pan is already in medium heat, put enough cooking oil to cover enough the bananas for cooking.
- Fry the bananas until the color turns to lighter brown then put some brown sugar (approximately three tablespoons).
- Cook over low heat with continuous stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove the fried bananas from pan when it turns glaze with caramel sugars.
You will surely like the taste of this banana prito or Fried banana.