I have been receiving emails on how to apply for scholarship in the Philippines in my post about Scholarship grants in the Philippines. There are links included in that post but some would really want a detailed information on how to apply. Let me share a detailed information on how to apply for scholarship under CHED (Commission on Higher Education) here in the Philippines. The details are posted on their website and I just add helpful links and details. I updated this post as of April 17, 2015 to help deserving students with the scholarship. This is still under scholarship program but now called CHED Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs).
How to apply for college scholarship in the Philippines – CHED?
- Before you apply for the scholarship, check the qualifications for CHED sholarship if you are qualified.
- Check if your course fits in the CHED priority courses.
- Download the application form at CHED Scholarship application Form/CHED Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs).
- Fill up the application form.
- Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements, directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned. Applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their application to the concerned SUCs to your CHED respective regional offices.
The application in the year 2011 was scheduled last March 1, 2011 to April 29, 2011 so possibly these maybe the dates to apply yearly but it would still be depending on CHED. Please visit their website at http://www.ched.gov.ph for more details.