If you are applying for college scholarship under CHED (Commission on Higher Education). Check the general requirement if you are qualified to apply. This is updated was of April 17,2015. I options for CHED scholarships, grants, and support for undergraduate students from their website are Student Financial assistance program, Foreign Scholarship and Training program, and faculty development program. What I am sharing here is for the CHED Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs).
A. General Requirements:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS) / Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT);
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000.00)*;
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
* In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300,000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.
B. Documentary Requirements :
- For Incoming Freshmen:
For 4th year HS applicants – 3rd year grade and first three grading periods of fourth year
For high school graduates – Form 138
- For Applicants with Earned Units in College – Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
- Other Applicants
ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
- Any one of the following: Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian, Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay, Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or Affidavit of No Income. For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended.
Information source: CHED website. For more details please visit the Commission on Higher Education website at http://www.ched.gov.ph.