It is really tempting to dine out at different restaurants to taste something new, different and delicious. Sometimes our family get bored with the usual foods that we prepare at home and moms need a break at a kitchen. With lots of restaurants, hotels and fine dining nowadays, people were enticed to eat out.
When we make our meals at home, we are usually careful about the healthy ingredients of the foods we prepare. As always when we eat out or dine in at a restaurant, we should also be careful to the foods that we order.
Healthy guidelines when eating out
- Salad – Use vegetable oil or vinegar dressing
- Bread – Use margarine instead of butter if desired
- Chicken – Eat broiled or grilled chicken, remove skin before eating
- Steak – Ask the chef to trim off excess fat before cooking
- Hamburger – Avoid cheese or mayonnaise toppings, add tomato or lettuce instead
- Fish – Select broiled or poached fillets
- Pasta – Use marinara, clam, or tomato sauce without meat or sausage (avoid cream sauce)
- Baked Potato – Avoid toppings such us butter or sour cream
- Vegetables – Eat plenty of these, but without heavy sauces
- Dessert – Sherbet and fresh fruit are excellent choices
- Coffee, tea – Use skim milk or nondairy nonfat creamer
The healthy guidelines above are just reminders for us to keep healthy. When I have watched a program from Asian Food Channel, the Chef there said that Fat is the flavor. I really agree that when the food is so tasty and delicious most ingredients contains fat flavors.