When thinking of an outdoor recreational activity this summer camping is very good to consider next to swimming. In most countries, camping is associated with the use of a tent and in some locations of the world they use motor home and caravan. I had my first camping when I was in grade 5 elementary in an activity for girl scouts. It happened at our school quadrangle followed by an out of town camping activity.
Before the camping activity, I have learned that there are many important things to prepare before the event. You should have a checklist on the things that you need to bring on the camp site.
Basic things you need in camping (camping checklist)
- Water and easy-to-cook foods
- Tent and sleeping bags
- Small pillow and light weight blanket
- Flashlight and batteries
- Matches and candles
- Personal hygiene small kit (toothpaste, toothbrush,soap, etc)
- First aid medicine kit (betadine ointment, alcohol, cotton, gauze and bandage)
- Small axe, knife
- Recreational things you may need such as bicycle, rope when climbing and book
In our out of town girl scouts camping at that time, each group was assigned to have a pair of partner and share a tent. I am lucky because my partner shared a comfortable sleeping bag that looks like eureka sleeping bags. Because it is an out of town activity, having a partner is an effective way to avoid being lost when we have an activity in the forest.