I began monitoring my weight after I gave birth a few years ago. It is very important to keep ourselves fit and healthy. When I became a mom, there are many changes such as the attitude, way of thinking and the big change that is noticeable is my body. Since then I tried several ways to lose weight. Some of the weight loss tricks that I tried are grapefruit diet, watermelon diet, and tuna/crackers diet.
Through the years with the help of different methods to weight loss, I found different techniques to drop those extra pounds. Just recently, I lost weight but I was not able to reach my target weight. It is fine and I would just have to maintain this weight for the mean time while I am so busy with the tons of work.
My simple tips for weight loss
- Consider the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension). This diet focuses on eating fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy avoiding fatty foods, red meat and salt should be lessen.
- Try Cardio exercises such as treadmill and Cardio exercise bike.
- Do some stretching and exercise such as jumping jack for five to ten minutes before starting your work.
- Stand up after taking a regular meal such as lunch. Take a break, fix your table or read a magazine for about 15-20 minutes before sitting down.
- The healthy regular diet to lose weight that works for me is to drink juice for breakfast and eat breakfast cereals with low-fat milk. By lunch time, I eat half cup of rice with fish or vegetables and for snack or merienda I eat crackers (Skyflakes). For dinner, I eat one apple or one cup of vegetable.
- Every other week my husband and I pamper ourselves to a relaxing full body massage and steam bath. I have read that it is a good weight loss health spa because in a steam room about 30-minute session, it can burn around 300 calories.
Currently, I am maintaining my weight and I will resume my strict diet by mid year after completing all my task this summer. How about you? Have you tried any ways to lose weight?