Bisugo fish (Threadfin bream) is one top fish that I love in cooking Paksiw na isda (fish in vinegar sauce). These fish are found in tropical waters of the Indian and western Pacific Oceans. The meat of the Bisugo fish (Threadfin bream) is white and they are oily fish. These oily fish is a vital source of essential fatty acids and contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.
Bisugo Fish (Threadfin bream)/ fish with Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids health benefits
- Oily fish contains potassium, iron and zinc
- A perfect source of low fat protein perfect for any weight loss eating plan.
- High in Omega 3
- Essential in optimal retinal (eye) and brain development
- Protective against heart disease, stroke, certain cancers and asthma
- Have therapeutic benefits to Mildly raised blood pressure, Arthritis, Autoimmune diseases (lupus, certain kidney disorders), Crohn’s disease, Inflammatory skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis), Depression, schizophrenia,
- Fish oils appear to reduce ADHD-related symptoms in some children.
It is better to make a smart choice in picking the foods that we eat. Eating fish and other seafood should form a major part of our healthy diet. I noticed from my grandparents and most aged people prefer to eat fish rather than pork. Fish can be easily digested and absorbed by our body. The white meat of Bisugo fish truly taste well no matter how you cook it. I would suggests you cook it Paksiw (fish in vinegar sauce) or fried.
Other Fishes that are high in Omega 3 are Salmon, Blue Warehou, Rainbow Trout, Tailor, Blue Eye Trevalla, Silver Perch, Red fish, Flathead, Yellowtail Kingfish, Blue Mackerel, Pilchards, Sea Mullet and Trevally.
Source: http://www.calorie-counter.net/ and http://www.sea-ex.com.
Latest posts by Jem Alvarado (see all)
- PLDT HOME DSL “Ask Diego” - 04/16/2014
- Thank you and Goodbye, BLPDC! - 04/16/2014
- Safeguard Germ Alarm: Promotes Proper Hygiene through Hand-washing - 04/15/2014