Why buy used cars? Buying used cars is a practical way of acquiring car at an affordable price. People who usually buy used cars are young couples starting a family, parents who will give the used car as a gift to their offspring and individuals who have a limited budget. In buying used cars, you can have the extra savings and you can use the money as a budget with other expenditures.
Last year my husband and I bought a used car. It is our second time to buy a used car. With the help of my brother-in-law and some close friends, we were able to pick a good pre-owned car. Let me share some practical tips in buying used cars.
Practical tips in buying used cars
- Set a budget before buying a car. You should have a limit of how much you can afford something that will not put too much strain on your family budget. The budget that you will set should include fuel, repair, maintenance cost and insurance.
- Decide which type of car you will buy. If you have a big family, you might want to consider van or for small family a regular car will fit in. After deciding, take some time to do some research on car models, read reviews and ask some friends who has an experience with your chosen car. For quick car reference or viewing, you may visit website selling new and pre-owned cars such as used cars St George.
- Canvass and inquire for the car’s condition. You should know the details and condition of the car. The used car value and price does not only depend on the model but it also based on the mechanical condition. Checking the mileage can be considered too in the car’s value. The lower the mileage the better. Always take note of the repair cost that might be needed in used cars.
- Get a vehicle history report. This is important so that you will know the true history of the car.
- Bring a trusted auto mechanic. The auto mechanic will help you check the engine, physical condition and do tests drive to determine the car value. Bringing a close friend or relative may also help you in picking the car.
- Negotiate the lowest price possible.