When I had my first pregnancy checkup, the Obstetrician prescribed multivitamins and minerals that I should take. She also recommended me to drink prenatal milk like Anmun Materna which is important to maintain the growth and development of the fetus and has the essential nutrients. It is an ideal supplement that will aid in maintaining the growth and brain development of the unborn baby.
The pregnancy multivitamins + Minerals that my doctor prescribed is Obimin tablet. I take one tablet daily usually in the morning after breakfast. I wonder what each film tablet contain so I check the label.
Obimin film tablet contains:
- Retinol Acetate (Vitamin A) — 3,000 IU
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) — 400 IU
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1) — 10 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) — 2.5 mg
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) — 15 mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) — 4 mcg
- Nicotinamide — 20 mg
- Calcium Panthonate — 7.5 mg
- Folic Acid — 1000 mcg
- Vitamin C — 100 mg
- Iron Elemental (Ferrous Fumarate, 90 mg) — 30 mg
- Calcium Lactate — 250 mg
- Copper (as Cupric Sulfate) — 100 mcg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodine) — 100 mcg
This is nutritional supplement has the essential vitamins and minerals to help provide adequate supply of nutrients during pregnancy and lactation.
In my recent check-up, I told my OB that I wanted to have normal delivery. She advised me that if I wanted that way, we will monitor my weight gain and told me that there is a possibility for assisted birth delivery using forceps and vacuum. Drinking prenatal milk makes me easily gain weight so she advised me to take Sangobion capsule instead of the materna milk. I hope my weight gain will be fine with the target weight for normal delivery.