Sometimes when I do not have enough time to cook at home, I tried to cook can goods in the quickest way. Usually frying and sauteing are some quick ways to cook food in a matter of minutes. Can goods such as sardines, tuna and corned beef are typically the products that we often buy as a stock at home. We only cook this at home when we do not have time to go out to buy fresh foods or for emergency food stock.
Note: I prefer Century tuna flakes in vegetable oil brand
Nutrition: Tuna are rich in Omega 3 that aids in the cardiovascular system in the prevention of irregular heart rhythms, making blood clots less likely, and improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to potentially harmful (LDL) cholesterol.
Quick Yummy and Spicy Tuna Recipe
- Century Tuna flakes in vegetable oil (Hot & Spicy)
- 4 cloves of garlic (the more the better) – chopped
- 1 medium sized onion – sliced
- Green pepper- remove the seeds and slice diagonally
- Salt to taste
Yummy and Spicy Tuna Cooking Procedure
- In a pan, add the 2-3 tablespoon of oil from Century Tuna flakes. Saute the garlic and onion then add the century tuna flakes.
- Mix it quickly with medium heat then add green pepper.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste. Remove from the pan.
- Do not forget to squeeze 2-3 Calamansi when served. A perfect match is a hot steam rice.