Did you know that Black Pepper is not only use in food preparation and cooking? Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) is the world’s most traded spice. As a mom, I love learning several ways on how some things can be beneficial to our family especially for home use. This is what I have learned in using Black Pepper as home remedies in different ways from Good News program in GMA news TV.
Beneficial use of Black Pepper at home
- Cough and cold – effective cough relief especially for children. To use as cough relief, put the black pepper (about half 1-3 tablespoon or more depending on how strong you would like it to be) in a casserole with a 2-3 cups water then bring to boil. Put in a bowl then let the person with cough or colds inhale the vapor coming from the bowl with black pepper.
- Muscle and Joint pains – Crush the whole black Pepper and mix it with the massage oil. Just simply apply the massage oil with the crushed black pepper to the affected muscle and joint pains and massage that part. When applied there is a cooling and soothing effect that can relieves pain.
- Soil Fertilizer and ant repellent in an outdoor potted plant – Just simply mix the ground black pepper in the potted soil. It serves as plant natural antibacterial that begins to break down and become nutrients for the plant.
- Black Pepper can be use as an insect repellent to drive away mosquitoes. You can apply ground black pepper with oil or water to skin.
Latest posts by Jem Alvarado (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Tutu Dress for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Theme - 12/03/2013
- Beautiful Speaker Sound - 12/02/2013
- The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 8 – A Dramatic Mid-season Finale - 12/02/2013