Champorado is a healthy Filipino breakfast made with glutinous rice (Sticky rice) and chocolate flavoring usually a tablea or cocoa powder. The best chocolate flavoring that we used in cooking champorado is with the used of chocolate balls “Tsokolate” from Albay. I also tasted Tsokalate (chocolate flavoring) from theVisayas region and it also tasted so heavenly.
The cooking process is so simple. This is a perfect healthy breakfast for kids to energize them before going to school.
How to cook Champorado?
- 1 Cup Glutinous rice (Sticky rice/ Malagkit na bigas)
- Chocolate flavoring (1 chocolate ball or 1/4 cup cocoa powder dissolve in 1 cup water)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup sugar (to taste)
- Optional (milk on top)
- Wash the sticky rice and place it in the cooking pan with water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat. Pour the chocolate flavoring then stir occasionally.
- Let it boil for about 10-15 minutes until the glutinous rice is cooked making the mixture thick. Add the sugar, stir and turn off the stove.
- Place in serving plate.
- Served with milk on top.