Modern moms needs fast, easy, reliable and accessible ways in every day living. When a woman gets pregnant it is important to avail on maternity benefits as early as possible. Regarding SSS maternity benefits application for easy notification, SSS member can do this through online submission.
Before applying to SSS Maternity Benefits Online Application, a member should be registered in the My.SSS online service portal. There are great benefits of being enrolled and you can view your eligibility in your SSS benefits. You can read more about the SSS online enrollment benefits at my post “SSS Online Enrollment Benefits“.
I prefer the SSS Maternity Benefits Online Application because it is very easy to apply and I do not have to travel and wait in a line just to apply for it. The photo above is the actual view of the screen when you login pointing on the transactions menu.
How to apply for SSS Maternity Benefits through Online Application in the Philippines?
- A member must be registered in the My.SSS online service portal.
- SSS member should meet the qualifying conditions:
- She has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage.
- She has given the required notification of her pregnancy through her employer if employed, or to the SSS if separated, voluntary or self-employed member.
- Important Note in notifying SSS about the maternity benefits: As soon as a member becomes pregnant, she must immediately notify her employer (if employed) or the SSS (if separated/voluntary/self-employed) of such pregnancy and the probable date of her childbirth at least 60 days from the date of conception by accomplishing SSS FORM MAT-1 (Maternity Notification Form) and by submitting proof of pregnancy. Since I applied the SSS maternity benefits online when I called SSS if I have to show up and submit a SSS form MAT-1 they told me that my application online was accepted and I do not have to go to their office to submit it.The employer must, in turn, notify the SSS through the submission of the maternity notification form and proof of pregnancy immediately after the receipt of the notification from the employee member. Failure to observe the rule on notification may result to the denial of the maternity claim.
- First, login to My.SSS online service portal. Go to Transactions under the main menu then click Maternity Notification.
- Enter the required information in the fields then submit.
- You will receive a Maternity Notification Submission Confirmation where you can see the transaction number with the expected date of delivery that you’ve entered in the fields.
- You can view the status of Application online by logging on to the My.SSS online service portal, Click Online Inquiry then click on the Maternity notification.
Voila! You have successfully applied for the SSS maternity benefits through online application.
To know more information about Social Security System on maternity benefits, please visit https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp?secid=789&cat=4&pg=null.
Next step: How to claim your SSS maternity benefits?