Pancit Molo (Stuffed Noodle Soup) is popularly the dish in the Western Visayas region. This is the first time that I have cooked Pancit Molo. I love cooking and I did several cooking recipes by which I shared some in my cooking recipe category. Before I choose a recipe, I always consider the ingredients that it has to be healthy and the elderly people like lolo and lola can eat. Normally from the original recipe I make my own version to create a more healthy recipe.
Nutrition: Celery is a great source of conventional antioxidant nutrients, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese.
Pancit Molo Soup Recipe
- 1/2 Kilo Chiken breast, neck and backs
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 sticks Celery
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 100 g ground lean pork
- 75 g Shrimps (shelled, deveined and chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped kinchay (Chinese parsley)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 15 Molo (Wonton) wrappers
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 25g minced garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring oion
- Place the chicken parts, half the onion, the celery and peppercorns and cover with 1.5 litres of water and bring to boil.Reduce heat, cover the pan and allow to simmer for 1 hour, then remove the chicken breast and flake the meat. Strain the broth.
How to make the Molo pouches or dumpling?
- In a bowl, combine the pork, shrimp and kinchay and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay a molo wrapper on a flat surface and place one-half teaspoon of mixture in one corner. Fold the corner over the mixture and roll halfway towards the center.
- Lift the wrapper holding the rolled portion between the edges of the filling with the fingers of both hands. Fold both sides inward, one side overlapping the other, to form a cone with two pointed sides.
- Paste the folded sides together with a dab of egg-yolk. Repeat process with remaining wrappers.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic until golden and crispy, then remove, drain on the absorbent paper and set aside.
3. Add the remaining onion to the pan, together with the flaked chicken, reserved broth and bring to boil.
4. Drop in the molo ‘pouches’ and cook for 3 minutes, then transfer to individual soup plates and top each with crispy-fried garlic and chopped spring onion.
Pancit Molo Soup Estimate price: Php 220
Estimate Price breakdown:
- 1/2 Kilo Chiken breast, neck and backs – Php 75
- 1 onion chopped – Php 3
- 2 sticks Celery – Php 10
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorn – Php 5
- 100 g ground lean pork – Php60
- 75 g Shrimps (shelled, deveined and chopped) – Php30-50
- 1 tbsp chopped kinchay (Chinese parsley) – Php 10
- 1/4 tsp sea salt – Php 2
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper – Php 2
- 15 Molo (Wonton) wrappers – Php 22
- 3 tbsp cooking oil – Php 5
- 25g minced garlic – Php 3
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion – Php 10
Serving: Makes 5-7 servings.