Pork Sinigang is one of the top favorite dish of every Filipino. It is a sour soup with combination of pork and selected vegetables season with patis or salt and sinigang mix. To make the Classic Pork Sinigang more delicious malinamnam with thicker sauce, adding Del Monte Tomato sauce is an excellent ingredient to include in the recipe.
Nutrition: Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C and K. Pork meat are good source of protein. Good source of Iron too keeping red blood cells healthy.
Del Monte Red Sinigang Recipe
- 1/2 Kg Pork Ribs/ Belly
- 1 pc Onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Patis
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 5 pcs Okra
- 1-3 pc Siling Haba
- 100g Radish sliced
- 1 bunch Kangkong leaves (leaves and tender stalks only)
- 2 tbsp. Sinigang Mix powder
- 1 pouch 250g Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce
- Combine water, onion, pork, patis and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Cover and Simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add radish and sili. Simmer until radish is almost cooked. Add okra. Allow to Simmer.
- Add kangkong and sinigang mix powder. Allow to Simmer.
Del Monte Red Sinigang Recipe estimate price: Php 153
Estimate Price breakdown:
- 1/2 Kg Pork Ribs/ Belly – Php 90
- 1 pc Onion sliced – Php 5
- 1/2 teaspoon Patis – Php 3
- 2 1/2 cup water –
- 5 pcs Okra – Php 5
- 1-3 pc Siling Haba – Php 2
- 100g Radish sliced – Php 10
- 1 bunch Kangkong leaves (leaves and tender stalks only) – Php 5
- 2 tbsp. Sinigang Mix powder – Php 8
- 1 pouch 250g Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce – Php 25
Serving: Makes 5 serving
Remarks: Adding the Del Monte Tomato sauce makes the Pork sinigang richer and tastier. It is a good twist with the traditional Pork Sinigang that is so easy to cook and very affordable.
recipe source: http://www.delmonte.ph/kitchenomics/recipe