Are you wondering how to easily cook Pork Siomai pansalang pinoy recipe style? I’ve cooked Pork Siomai several times and try different variation of ingredients. Hubby and I likes to eat Siomai that is why there are times that I cook dozens of it and keep some in the refrigerator. Let me share my easy Pork Siomai Panlasang pinoy style recipe.
Nutrition: Pork meat is a good source of protein. Other ingredients like carrots is a good source of vitamin A while singkamas or Jicama has vitamin C and a good dietary fiber.
Easy Pork Siomai Panlasang Pinoy Style Recipe
- 1/4 Ground Pork Lean meat
- 1/4 Kilo Singakmas or Jicama
- 1/4 Kilo Carrots or 1 Medium size
- Molo Wrapper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium egg
- Maggi Magic Sarap All-in-one seasoning 8g
- Chopped Onion Spring (Optional)
In choosing Molo wrapper for Siomai, I tried two brands – Marby and Jimcu. Marby molo wrapper is thicker but my husband doesn’t want the smell of this wrapper when cooked. So, we prefer to use Jimcu molo wrapper. The Jimcu is thinner and my husband said that it does not affect the taste of the Siomai.
- Grind the onion, carrot and singkamas. Place in a strainer then squeeze or compress to remove the excess liquid from the ground carrots and singkamas. Removing the excess liquid will allow us to easily form the siomai pieces firm not saggy or watery.
- Drain the ground pork.
- Beat the egg.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Form the Siomai pieces about thumb-size in every molo wrapper. Grease the steamer with little amount of vegetable oil before placing the formed siomai. This will prevent the siomai from being sticky to the surface of the steamer.
- Steam for 25-30 minutes in medium heat.
Easy Pork Siomai Panlasang Pinoy Style Recipe estimate price: Php 140
Estimate price breakdown:
- 1/4 Ground Pork Lean meat – P55
- 1/4 Kilo Singakmas or Jicama – P15
- 1/4 Kilo Carrots or 1 Medium size – P20
- Molo Wrapper – P 30
- 1 Medium Onion – P5
- Maggi Magic Sarap All-in-one seasoning 8g – P3
- Chopped Onion Spring (Optional) – P12
Serving: Makes 50-60 pieces of Siomai
Remarks: If you plan to store some Siomai in the refrigerator, make sure to use a clean container with a tight cover. Normally, I keep Siomai for a week and it is still good to eat. Siomai is perfect to eat with noodles or soup. For the sauce, a simple soy sauce and calamansi is a good one. If you prefer spicy, you can add Chili. This is my personal recipe for Easy Pork Siomai Panlasang Pinoy Style Recipe. Enjoy!