Are you ready for new year? 2015 is year of the Sheep in Chinese astrology. Before 2014 ends let me share to you my 2015 New Year Preparations to Bring Luck, Year of the Sheep. These preparations are traditional that my family practice through the years which is believed to bring good luck and prosperity for the new year.
2015 New Year Preparations to Bring Luck, Year of the Sheep:
- Preparing 12 or 13 fruits on the table brings good luck for the new year round. My mom who always practice this tradition at home said that in choosing the 12 or 13 fruits, you should avoid fruits with black seeds and sour fruits. But, in my list below I consider adding some fruits with sour taste to keep a balance. Look for round fruits with sweet taste that is believed to bring good harmony at home and luck. Lucky list of fruits to prepare for new year are:
- Honey Dew
- Kiat Kiat / Ponkan
- Wearing Polka Dots on the night before New Year adds luck for the year round. This is a very popular traditional preparation. They say that if you do not have polka dots, you can wear something blue, yellow, red, and green.
- Making loud sound noise as we welcome the new year. The best alternative noisemaker for children is the drum set. They are not only safe but children playing the drums will surely enjoy it. The loud noise or sound keeps the bad luck away.
- What are the lucky foods to prepare for new year? They always say to prepare something sweet, foods with sticky texture, colorful, rich in flavor , and round. Our traditional lucky foods this new year are Hamonado, Beef Broccoli, Pansit for long life, Lechone Kawali, Cake, Salad, Arroz Valenciana, Camaron Rebosado, Steam fish, and the lucky fruits. It is believed that it brings a bountiful new year for the family.
- Throwing of coins at the corner of the house for good luck. I always do this at home when the new year comes. I have different coins and throw it at the corners even the hard-reach areas of the house. The next day, my nephew and niece will pick up the coins. Finders keepers! I also pick some coins and keep it for the next new year celebration.
For my family’s good health, I always prepare something healthy for them. My kids will have special treats like baked goods that I already prepared a day before New year. This New year is one of the happiest new year that we will spend. Why? It is because we are all in good health especially the kids. No sickness, no colds, no coughs! Even my mom-in-law, she doesn’t have any sickness this coming new year. I am very grateful! With my kids, I am thankful to their multivitamins Propan TLC for helping my kids with good health tamang lusog 🙂 . There is nothing I ask for. We are so happy and excited to welcome the new year.
There you go. These are my 2015 New Year Preparations to Bring Luck for the Year of the Sheep. Whatever year it is, my family would always do these traditions and preparations to attract good luck and prosperity. It always depends on the person but with my family, these tradition have good effects because it makes us closer together as we prepare for new year. That we look at the brighter side for the coming new year. How about you? What are your New Year’s Preparations?
Happy New year!