Do you want to cook pasta with something different and special this Christmas? I admit that for the previous years of celebrating the holiday season, I always cook with the typical spaghetti recipe. I noticed that hubby sometimes got bored with my spaghetti recipe. He is requesting me to bake pasta. I think I am a late bloomer when it comes to baking. How I love to bake before but wasn’t able to really pursue it because of life’s priorities. Now that I am a mom of two, I think I am ready to explore more in the kitchen especially in baking different foods. As we are fast approaching Christmas, I would like to share my Doña Elena Pasta Cooking Recipe Suggestions This Holiday Season.
I would really like to publish this post after Christmas when I am done cooking with my Christmas recipe, but, because I am excited for the preparation. I will be posting the cooking recipe suggestion that I plan to cook. Since I already have three different kinds of Doña Elena Al Dente Pasta, I would stick to the cooking recipe suggestion from the packaging.
Doña Elena Pasta Cooking Recipe Suggestions This Holiday Season
1. Al Dente Lasagna with Béchaemel sauce
2. Baked Three Cheese Penne
3. Four Mushroom Pasta using Fettuccine
- 3 Tbsp Doña Elena Pure Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 pcs White onion (small), minced
- 1 cup Jolly button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup straw mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup black fungus mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose cream
- 5 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- 500 g Doña Elena Al dente Fettuccine
- Heat the Doña Elena Pure Olive oil and butter in a saute pan.
- saute the onions until translucent.
- Saute the mushrooms then add the cream and let simmer until cream thickens.
- Add the fresh parsley and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked Doña Elena fettuccine and toss well with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
From the three Doña Elena Pasta Cooking Recipe Suggestions that I posted above, I think I am going to cook Al Dente Lasagna with Béchaemel sauce first for our Noche Buena then the Baked Three Cheese Penne or Four Mushroom Pasta using Fettuccine on New Year’s Media Noche.
How about you? Do you now have plans on what to cook for Noche Buena and Media Noche?