Why is my son so fidgety? At home, I keep an eye on him everywhere he goes. He loves to play around until he asked me “Mommy, what can I do to help you?”. I said to myself, “This is the perfect timing to introduce him to 5 household chores list for kids I have in mind”.
When I involve my child in doing household chores, I’ve observed that his habit of being so fidgety was lessened. It is very important for us parents to let our kids help with housework. Teaching them on how to do chores builds confidence in them that we trust our child at home. It is an excellent quality bonding as well for parents and kids. Because my eldest son is merely the age of seven, we are just starting out. Here are the 5 Household Chores List for Kids that I have in mind as the simple chores before moving on to more complex household chores.
5 Household Chores list for kids
- Fixing toys. This is the very first chore that we taught him when he is about 4 or 5 years old. Kids will always be kids. From time to time we always remind him to fix his toys after playing. Toys are the first things that they care about during childhood so it is a good start for teaching them on how to take care of it.
- Cleaning or sweeping the floor. Although he seldom does this, we make sure to it that when he makes mess or spill something, we let him clean it.
- Polishing the shoes. He is doing this twice a week. First, I showed him how to polish his shoes the day before the school day. Now every time he wears school shoes, he always wipes his shoes and keeps it shiny.
- Preparing the table for lunch/ dinner. He is the one who suggested to helping in preparing the table for lunch/ dinner. I found out that there is a story that he read from his book about this scene. I am so happy that he understands and applies the moral lesson from the book. For now, we use melamine tableware to avoid glass breakage.
- Washing the dishes. We just started this out. Even if my son is a boy, I also teach him the correct way of washing dishes. If you didn’t know where to start, you have to wash the glasses first followed by the plates, and utensils. In the photo above, my son washes a glass bowl because we had soup that night but I was there to assist him while washing for safety. Soon, I will be using a different bowl.
So, what are the benefits and advantages of these 5 Household Chores List for Kids? There are actually many housework combinations that we can teach our child. It is up to us parents depending on our lifestyles.
The advantages and benefits of getting Household Chores List for Kids:
- It will lessen the habit of being so fidgety as they utilize some time for the chores.
- Making them more responsible citizen.
- Helping them feel a sense of accomplishment for every chores done.
- Practicing them to be independent most especially in times when parents are not around.
- Giving them the values to love your home and take concern with what’s happening around.
- Showing them awareness with the chores that a family member should do.
- When we raise our kids involving them with household chores, I think it will be a great foundation in the future for him to possess initiative, which is one of the best character traits aside from being intelligent.
How about you? Do you let your kids do household chores?