I make this post “5 things a husband should do for his wife” intentionally for every husband. Being married for almost a decade now, I’ve learned so many things about being a wife, a mother, and a friend to people of different ages. After marriage, giving birth, raising kids (currently I’m on this phase), consistently supporting your family all throughout, keeping your family strong, I admire how every mom gets tougher each day. The load is on us. Congratulations to us!
We are thankful to husbands who are consistently supporting their family’s financial needs. For being there for their family to keep them safe and secure. They say that for a marriage to last, both parents or a couple should be understanding and unconditionally love each other. No matter how busy our life would be, I believe that husband and wife should be making efforts to improve their relationship.
Normally, in a relationship, the husband is dominant. So, in this post, I would like to share the 5 things a husband should do for his wife. This is my own opinion based from what I’ve discovered, read, and learned from fellow mommy friends of different ages.
5 Things a Husband Should Do for His Wife
- Take her on a date. I’ve noticed that due to the busy work schedule of moms and dads, they sometimes forget to treat themselves alone together. Family date is different from having your own date for your bonding as a couple. It doesn’t have to be expensive (depends on your budget). We know that husband is busy with his work and so with the moms most especially when they are stay at home moms. The wife deserves a time-off with his husband. Having a date is a perfect way to strengthen your communication as a couple. Tip: Discover other places or restaurants that you’ve never been to.
- Appreciate the things your wife has done. There are many ways to appreciate the things that your wife have done. You can speak kindly to her. Not necessarily praise her work, but simple words “I like the menu you prepared”, “Thank you for taking care of the kids”, “Thank you for fixing ___ “. It would surely make a happy wife for every appreciation you make, resulting her to do better at other things.
- Ask “How was her day?”. A typical wife would ask her husband, “how’s your day in the office?”, The answer is short. Try to revert the question back to her “How was your day at home?” or If the wife is working, ask her the same question you’ve asked. It means so much for the wife when you ask her too. That you care and you have concern for her daily activities in life.
- Help out around the house voluntarily. It could be simple and small task. For example, the wife is busy taking care of your sick child, why not help her out in preparing the meals or the table during mealtime. It’s a relief for them that their chores was lessened.
- Give her a head or back massage. I know most wives are doing a massage for their husband. But husbands, why not give your wives a head or back massage (it could be once, twice or thrice a week) instead of using your smartphone when you are together at night. It is just a form of showing your love that you also wanted your wife to feel relaxed for the busy days that she have been through the day or week.
I actually have more of these 5 Things a Husband Should Do for His Wife. These are just basic. A common sense to husband if you truly love and care for your wife. The husband should never take her wife for granted. Don’t waste time. The husband should always make her wife with the kids as a priority in his life, no matter what and God as the center of the family. Be present in your wife’s life. Be responsive! Cheers to us parents!