Do you and your family have health plans? When I got married and eventually became a mom, I begin thinking of our family plans. That includes our financial plans for savings, travel, home, education, and of course health plans. What do you consider in getting your family health plans? Glad to know that getting a health care plan has never been this easy with PhilCare’s new online healthcare vouchers. ER Vantage Plus is PhilCare’s New Online Healthcare.
As a parent, we need to be ready for our family needs and any emergency that may happen. Being a mom who handles our family financial budget, I’ve noticed that the least I spare for from the budget is the emergency fund or for the health plan. I am just thankful that my kids and I are included in the health benefits of my husband in the office. But, how about the others who does not have these benefits. I recall my close friend who told me that she annually renewed their family health plans. She has to go to the health office for the renewal of their plan. With PhilCare’s new online healthcare vouchers, ER Vantage Plus, there’s an ease of purchase and activation process.
I am wondering about the Philcare history and how long they have been in the business. Philcare was established in 1982, and one of the country’s pioneering Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) companies. The company is built on a vision to allow Filipinos to enjoy better quality of life by providing them access to world-class health services.
As part of its relentless pursuit of making Filipinos healthy and secured, PhilCare opened the first e-Commerce site for healthcare products in 2014. It adapted the sachet-packaging or tingi system to making healthcare accessible to many. In the latter part of 2016, it launched its first online-exclusive product, fortifying PhilCare as a technology-enabled companies. I like how the company evolved that now many Filipinos can reach and avail their health services at a reasonable affordable price, in an easy way through online access.
In a few clicks and taps, a customer can already buy their healthcare plan online, activate it, and get a personalized health care voucher. It is actually a HealthCare at your fingertips
What is ER Vantage Plus?
ER Vantage Plus is an online-exclusive product. It no longer requires shipping of a physical card to the customer. Instead, the whole process, from purchase order fulfillment, happens online.
ER Vantage Plus is a one-time use health care benefit that covers emergency care and hospitalization in 500+ PhilCare-accredited hospitals nationwide for viral and bacterial illnesses, treatment of injuries resulting from accidents (except for stroke) and gives Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit of P50,000.
The process goes like this:
- A customer goes to PhilCare’s online shop (shop.philcare.com.ph) and clicks on ER Vantage Plus to purchase.
- Once purchase and payment is confirmed, PhilCare automatically sends an email containing the registration details (voucher number, serial number, and PIN code) of the customer and the registration link.
- After successful registration, the customer, readily receives his ER Vantage Plus voucher, with unique certificate number (identification number as a PhilCare member) validity period, and the complete product details.
- The plan is activated and becomes valid seven (7) days from registration date.
- After validation, ER Vantage Plus is ready for use.
ER Vantage Plus has 3 variants and tiered-pricing according to the age of enrollees.
|ER Vantage Plus 40||ER Vantage Plus 60||ER Vantage Plus 80|
|Benefit limit||Php 40,000||Php 60,000||Php 80,000|
|Room & Board||Ward||Semi-Private||Regular Private|
|SRP for 6 mos to 17 yr-old enrolee||Php 2,950||Php 3,950||Php 4,950|
|SRP for 18 to 64 yr old enrolee||Php 1,050||Php 1,350||Php 1,750|
ER Vantage Plus Product Coverage
This healthcare benefits covers expense on the following:
- Doctors’ fees
- Laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Room and board
- Medicines (except vaccines) as medically necessary during confinement, except for cases declared as non-coverable
- Special modalities of treatment which are medically necessary during ER and confinement and subject to P5,000 limit
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as medically necessary during ER and confinement
By definition, emergency cases are sudden, unexpected onset of illness or injury, which at the time of contract reasonably appeared as having the potential of causing immediate disability or death or requiring the immediate alleviation of severe pain and discomfort. Emergency cases include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) Massive Bleeding; (b) Acute Appendicitis; (c) Fractures/multiple injuries secondary to accidents; (d) Convulsions; (e) illnesses or conditions resulting in moderate or severe dehydration such as diarrhea or fever; and (f) Syncope. Preexisting conditions and those conditions under the general exclusions of PhilCare are not covered. ). Basis of coverage is the final diagnosis of the physician. Read about the ER Vantage Plus coverage here.
Validity: ER Vantage Plus health plan is valid for 1 year.
PhilHealth is required for the availment of this card during hospital confinement.
Once used, customers can repurchase ER Vantage Plus.
Advantages of using ER Vantage Plus
- Good for outpatient, emergency case, and inpatient services
- Ease of Purchase process and activation process
- Various ways to pay in PhilCare’s e-commerce site (credit card, debit card, online banking, over-the-counter)
- High benefit limit for emergency care and hospitalization
- High accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- No medical test required for enrolment eligibility
For more information, read more about the ER Vantage Plus’ FAQ here.