Exciting, nervous, joyous, and unexplainable feeling, those are the mixed emotions I felt when I was about to get married. We have this ideal man, dream house, and yes, expectations in mind when you settle down to the one that you call “Forever”. Being married for several years, I would like to share my advice to a soon-to-be bride or soon-to-be wife.
I can’t sleep one night so here I am letting out what’s in my head. This could be something interesting for single ladies or to those in a relationship, soon to commit as a spouse. When you are single, you always think of yourself. You pamper yourself with all the things or moments that could bring you happiness. As a single lady, there’s lesser expenditures and activities. You have more time and extra money compared to a person in a relationship or married. Of course, it is still depends on your lifestyle. There is always a pros and cons between a married person Vs a single person. I don’t need to elaborate that. I’m sure, you know the difference.
What is my advice to a soon-to-be Bride?
- Keep up with your career. During the old days, when a woman gets married, mostly they become a plain housewife. Nowadays, more wives are still engaged with their career or in business. Due to the demands of modern lifestyle and family goals, married couples are encouraged to work together for their family finances. They find ways to keep up with their career and at the same time take care of their family. I must admit that being a work-at-home mom is not easy. Through multi-tasking and good time management, this is possible. Stress is always there in our life, but it is how we handle the pressure.
- Take your regular Me-time. It is true that when you get married, your me-time or pamper time will lessen or even diminish. As early as possible, set your Me-time or pamper time schedule. When your family schedule seems to be preoccupied, always adjust your Me-time, but do not forget to skip it. Why? Because it is the best time to get energized, refresh, and relieve stress from unexpected pressure being a wife or a mom. Do the things that you love to do! Make sure it is something worthy of your time for your personal growth.
- Set a savings for yourself. Aside from savings for your family, you should have saved for yourself. An investment is good too. This is to make sure that you have your own money when you need it to buy for yourself or other immediate expenditures like a financial help for your parents or siblings. Having your own money in your pocket or bank prevents any financial misunderstanding between you and your spouse when you need to spend for yourself. Of course, a monetary gift or extra allowance given by your husband is a different budget for yourself. Wife or moms deserved to have these extra allowances because of the tough roles we have for our family. I’m sure you’ll agree with this! So, before you become a bride, wife or a mom, set a special savings just for yourself.
- Be Fit and Live a Healthy Lifestyle. There will come a time that you’ll be gaining weight because you will enjoy eating more together with your husband. As early as now, try to shed those extra fats and have a regular exercise. It could be Zumba, Yoga, jogging, boxing, or any fitness activity related to exercise for good health.
- Go with the modern flow. No matter how strong you value the traditional culture, time will push you to be a modern wife. With the ease and comfort use of technology, you’ll find yourself adapting to it. From home appliance, foods to eat, to beauty products, it is becoming a need in your lifestyle. Take advantage of those technologies with good benefits and limit the use of other tech that is not healthy for you like too much use of gadgets and social media.
These are just some of my advice to a soon-to-be bride. I actually have many thoughts in mind. Do not forget to spend time with your close friends and family. Also, if you have the budget and way to travel, go for it! You might miss these things when you are already committed to your forever. Good luck to you!