The new year marks a new beginning. A new year’s resolution comes with a yearly goal. How to effectively achieve goals? With so many goals and ideas, sometimes we get confused on what to do first and how to accomplish it. As a passionate mom who loves to reach goals, let me share with you some effective tips that could help you with that.
When I started working from home 10 years ago, the first thing that I did is to have a time management. I recall during my high school and college days, I usually make use of a notebook or a small diary to write my plans, budget, and happenings in my life. It was followed when I graduated and working in a corporate. Then, when I get married, my passion of achieving goals didn’t stop. It is like “Star Struck” LOL that I dream, believe, not actually survive but achieved! A dream became a goal and a goal was achieved!
How to Effectively Achieve Goals?
- Be organized. Write all of your plans and goals then categorized it. The possibility of achieving your goals is big when you write it first. The usual person have many wants and dreams in life. Start writing all of it and pick those that you think attainable at the moment. What are your goals to achieve it? From the list, categorize it and write it in your planner. In the photo above, I updated my 2019 organizer folder. My folder categories are Bills, Loans, Investments, House, Health, Auto, Receipts/Warranty, School Certificate, Education, and Family Documents.
- Set your top goals. Pick at least top 5 of your goals that you think have bigger chance of being attainable. It could be financial goals with savings or new investments, Fitness goals to maintain a fit and healthy body, Education goals to learn new things or master a learning, or travel goals to visit different places and experience new food and culture. Always begin with the most important goals.
- Have a Time Management Schedule. Based on your top goals, it is good to make a time management and align your goals to it. Learn more about how to use your time with this post “Success Strategies in being a hands-on-parent while earning“.
- Make your time management a routine. Once your time management became a routine, you’ll find yourself to be consistent in reaching your goals.
- Be Healthy. Eat and live well. Do not forget to include a healthy lifestyle and prayers. Prayers can move mountain. Consider having a Me-time and a social bonding with your close friends and family thinking positively.
How to Effectively Achieve Goals? With persistence of achieving your goals, you’ll hit milestones. Make it happen. Good luck!