This post brought to you by Bitdefender. All opinions are 100% mine.
In our world today, majority of the people are using computer and internet technology. It is considered as one of the fastest way to connect, search something and find a reliable source, send and receive email, process electronic documents and accounts, share news, and market a certain product. Now the big question is: how safe and secure are we with these online activities?
Normally, installing antivirus software is what we do to protect our computer and network against the destructive viruses, worms, Trojans and spyware. As a mom, I want the best for my family as well as in keeping them safe and our personal information secure. This is my top priority. Numerous antivirus software are available in the market but how can we choose for the best. Good thing to know that there is BitDefender which is ranked #1 in Antivirus software. We can trust this antivirus software because Bitdefender earned CNET Editor’s Choice and PCMag Editor’s Choice.
What is BitDefender?
Bitdefender’s line of 2013 security solutions provide state-of-the-art, proactive protection from e-threats, such as viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, and phishing attacks. They also offer more advanced safeguards and rich features, including parental controls, online backup, social networking protection, and more!
Bitdefender product’s latest features
- BitDefender Safepay: This will surely help me in securing my online payments and purchases. With this feature, I will not be hesitant to buy a product that I like online using my personal card.
- BitDefender Autopilot: Since it operates on its own, without a pop up every 5 minutes. I think your computer experience will be more enjoyable without constant interruptions.
- Bitdefender Anti-Theft: BitDefender protects you from more than just online threats; it can track lost or stolen devices! – This is an excellent feature to protect your devices.
- Social Network Protection: Filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends and monitors your privacy settings.
- Parental Control Options: BitDefender allows you to block inappropriate content, restrict Web access between certain hours, and it helps you remotely monitor your children’s online activity – even on Facebook! – Great feature especially with parents like me sharing computer with their young child.
Modern family use computer and internet almost every day and spends more than an hour of usage. Network safety is very important to every family because when the network is unsecured and unprotected, there is a risk of dangerous threats not only with their computer system causing certain destructions and malfunctions but also to the personal life of a family member.
I have experienced a threat once in my network and I do not want that to happen again. My antivirus protection was not updated during that time. I feel so exhausted and I am worried for my personal data when it happens. Thankfully, my husband is an IT expert and I was able to retrieve most of my important files and he had totally cleaned and blocked the threat but it was a very long and tiring method.
With social media networking on the rise, it’s great to know that BitDefender offers an option to protect the family from threats in those sites having their product feature ”Social Network Protection”. Through this feature, it will help you to stay away from spam or unprotected links keeping your privacy truly secured.
My favourite feature of BitDefender is the Parental Control Options. Of course I am a mom and I want to protect my family especially the young ones when I am away from the computer while they use it. It will be less worries for parents who are very busy because we can set the parental control options and remotely control their online activity.
I truly find BitDefender very interesting and useful to use. To purchase BitDefender, please visit Bitdefender Total Security.