With all its benefits, technology can be extremely dangerous for your child, if not used properly. Particularly, when you are parenting a teenager, you need to be extra cautious about your child’s digital conduct.
Mobile phones and Digital Interaction of Teenagers
Out of all the electronic gadgets including computers, laptops, iPads, tablets, smartphones the one which is most used by the teenagers are android mobile devices. Since android devices provide attractive features and are usually easy on the pocket, therefore, teenagers prefer using them. Kids dramatically convince their parents to let them have an Android device long before they had reached their teen years or have become responsible enough which is why parents need to consider digital traps their children can get into if they don’t use their android device in a right manner.
Do you have an idea what kind of potential online dangers are out there for your child? These traps affect your child emotionally, mentally and psychologically. Here is a list of things your child is exposed to while using digital media:
- Vulgar Videos
- Inappropriate Web Content
- Obsessive Use of Social Networking Sites
- The possibility of getting harassed by online predators, sex offenders or by criminal minded people.
Use Parental Control App for Android to Keep Your Kids Safe
Developers have exclusively developed parental control apps for Android for the ease of anxious parents. These apps provide the most considerate and thoughtful benefits to parents. You can limit your child’s screen time to save them from sleep deprivation, can block inappropriate apps from your child’s android device to protect them from harmful content and can even monitor their browsing history to know that your child is not watching porn or obscene content on his/her android device.
Among the many Android parental control apps available, FamilyTime is definitely the one which provides you quite a diversified number of features. Using FamilyTime parental control app for Android, parents can:
- Mirror Contacts: Parents can contact book of their kids on their device and see the details saved in there
- Monitor call logs: See who your kids connect with by looking at their dialed, received and missed calls with the date and time stamps.
- Track SMS on Your Child’s Cell Phone: To prevent your kids from getting involved in sexting, FamilyTime enables you to monitor the sent and received text messages on your child’s mobile device.
- Watchlist contacts: If you find any contact suspicious in their contact book, add it to your Watchlist and get alerts every time your kid comes in contact with it.
- Schedule auto screen locks: Parents can avoid the disproportioned use of the screen by simply putting auto screen locks on children’s devices.
- View Installed Apps: FamilyTime lets parents view the complete details regarding all the installed apps on their child’s mobile device including date of installation of the app.
- Blacklist Unwanted Apps: If you consider an app inappropriate for your child, you can easily block that app from your child’s android device by putting that app on the blacklist.
- Monitor Web History: In order to protect your kids from online traps, you need to monitor the browsing history of your child’s device. FamilyTime enables you to see the complete details of URLs with date and time stamps.
These are not the only options provided by FamilyTime. There is a lot more you can do with the app. To know what exactly, get the app now on your phone.