When it is raining or even on a cloudy day, it is good to prepare soupy menu. Sharing the recipe of a fellow mom as she always crave for soupy foods. Not just soupy but also a healthy one. Here’s another entry for 100 peso Healthy Ulam Challenge – Sinabawang Gulay recipe.
Some of the healthy recipe with soup I’ve cooked are the following:
- Pancit Molo Recipe published at https://www.esupermommy.com/2013/08/pancit-molo-soup-recipe/
- Celery Tomato Soup at https://www.esupermommy.com/2013/09/celery-tomato-soup-recipe
- Del Monte Red Sinigang at https://www.esupermommy.com/2013/09/del-monte-red-sinigang-recipe/
Before we go to the ingredients and cooking procedure of Sinabawang Gulay Recipe, let’s learn its health benefits. What are the health benefits of Moringa / Malungay? If you read the blog post Ginataang Tilapia Recipe you will learn more about Moringa / Malunggay health benefits. Reading is a good exercise for our brain and I encourage you to read this blog for the good health.
Sinabawang Gulay Recipe
- 6 pcs Headless Suahe bought in SM hypermarket, this cost P41.95pesos only
- 1 pieace Squash bought from a nearby wet market at P15, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch String beans cut into 1-1/2" length
- Malunggay Leaves
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 gloves garlic
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 500 ml water
- Prepare and clean all the ingredients on the list.
- In a casserole, heat oil, brown the garlic, add ginger and onion until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add Suahe / Shrimp, saute until the color change to orange. Set aside only the shrimp.
- In same casserole, add water, let it boil. Add a little salt, add cubed squash, cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add String beans / Sitaw, cover and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add Malunggay / Moringa leaves, cover and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add Shrimp, add more salt according to your desire saltness. Simmer for another 1 minute.
- Now serve while it's hot. Good for 2 -3 persons, perfect pair for fried fish.