Just before the Covid-19 pandemic, I have been planning my upcoming 40th birthday. How I celebrated my 40th birthday?
Since last year, I am planning to organize a birthday concert for a cause. I like to invite as many friends as I can to spend a cocktail night with them while I perform the best song collections I have loved through the years. There will be cocktail drinks and light snacks. Part of the proceeds of the ticket to the concert will go to the charity that I will support and part will be spent on the food and drinks of the guest. But then it didn’t happen because of this global crisis that we are currently experiencing. Anyway, I will revert to that plan soon.
So, How I celebrated my 40th birthday? Plain and simple. My 40th birthday is a celebration of blessings, aspirations, and inspiration. I just want to spend a day with my close family most especially my mother. Family matters most. You might have several friends but your family will always be there for you through thick and thin.
Blessings. Before my birthday, I did my best to help other people. I am not verbally showing the charities or good things I’ve done but it is there. It happened and I know God is happy for that. I believe that you should be a blessing to other people most especially the needy people. “For it is in giving that we receive.” ~ St. Francis of Assisi.
Not all you see on social media are real. Maybe some but mostly they are only doing such things for the money. I missed those times when I used to receive gifts and blogger mail from different brands and companies. Because now that I am not actively blogging and attending events they forget me already. Gone are those days. Gone are the mommy bloggers that were once your friend. Some are still there caring but most, it is just a memory of the past. So much for that.
They said that life begins at 40. How true is that? Well, I can say that yes somehow. At 40, most people have set the point of their life. If you are a career woman or man, you are now in an upper position or maybe in a stable career. Some may have established a family of their own. Achieve their own dream house while some have a business of their own. Most are matured enough and wise in decision-making. To sum it all, when a person reaches this age, you are thinking more of a solution, less drama, and stress, and focus on the brighter side. I became a more understanding person.
Aspirations. As I am approaching my birthday in November, I accomplished excellent goals. I consider these goals as a celebration of my 40th birthday.
* Closer to Nature, closer to God. Just like the tagline where I read this in Caleruega, glad I spent time with nature. Just before the pandemic and quarantine happened, grateful last year I completed my seminar about “Organic Gardening”. I also invited my friend to attend and she was happy with the gardening skills we’ve learned. The gardening skills taught is about having a sustainable, economical, and environment- friendly planting and gardening through the use of the organic medium. Currently, I have dozens of different kinds of herbs, vegetables, flowers, trees, and ornamentals. I also grow many plants from seeds which I already shared with my friends and other people.
* Family and Career. Grateful for my family. There is no perfect family and I am always grateful for the family I have. As a mom of two, I focus on being a hands-on mother. Apart from being a mom, I also work online. I am now in a senior position with my work. Along with that, my husband is now a senior I.T. Infrastructure manager. We give thanks and praise to God!
* Singing Talent. I did it again in winning a singing contest when I joined Bahay Entablado singing Contest (Media Edition). During my highschool and college days, I usually sing and compete in a singing contest. Then I won several awards.
* I learned to edit videos using a mobile App.
* I have created two websites this year.
* Updated my webmaster skills which eventually I am applying to the websites I manage.
* I learn to use the latest MacBookOS Big Sur Haha because I already now have this apple computer. It was an advance gift from my husband.
* I still update my driving skills.
* Discovering places. This year, we’ve travelled to Liliw, Laguna. We’re amazed of the place, the old church, and the sandal capital of the Philippines.
* In search of the best tasting red wine, I have read the top red wine and listed it as Spanish Garnacha, SouthEastern Australia Shiraz, and California Zinfadel. So true!
* I am now a teacher mommy as I homeschool my children.
* Continuously updating my skills.
These things is how I celebrated my 40th Birthday?
The most important part of a birthday celebration is you get to celebrate it with your family.
During my 40th birthday, my family were there. I have a sponsor of whole Lechon bought from Java’s Lechon. The classic cake by Merced was brought by my mom. I have sweet and sour fish, steam Bangus fish, spaghetti, putong bigas, and lemonade.
Inspiration. My Wisdom Quotes at 40
“Living is like you are driving for safety and reaching your destination. Drive your life in a good direction and be safe. Just keep going!” ~ Jem Alvarado