The Bathroom Design Ideas are part of our home improvement this year. Our home expansion project was made from the first quarter of the year till the mid-year. Then followed by the renovation of the toilet and bathroom. Sharing with you our bathroom design, the quality bathroom tiles we used, and the approximate cost we spent.
It has been seven years since we moved into our house. The default toilet and bathroom design were included when we bought the house and lot. We do not like the quality because of the stain build-up on the tiles. No matter what cleaning product we used, the tiles stain are unpleasant to look at. The developer installed the traditional lavatory and water closet.
In addition to the unpleasant tiles, other issues in the previous bathroom are the uneven elevation of the floor, and the cement wall is not properly treated. Since the water closet is traditional, there is no option for flushing to save water. We also wanted to replace the bathroom tiles to make the room bigger and neater.
I do not have the before photos of the old bathroom. Below are the new photos of the bathroom design that was finished with our home. There is still room for proper arrangement of bathroom accessories. We are still in the process.
Bathroom Design Ideas
The original plan of our house expansion project was to build the extension of the house. At that time, we decided to build the third toilet and bathroom at the house extension. Since we have third floor and roof deck, there will be an easy access to the comfort room there.
After the house expansion was constructed, we proceed with the toilet and bathroom makeover on the ground and second floor. It is a bit expensive, but we pursue it to take advantage of the time availability of our contractor. It is a smart move so that cleaning and fixing will be lessened. That cleaning will be done once all are completed.
First, the toilet and bathroom in the photo above. It can also be a powder room that you can use before leaving the house or guest downstairs. This powder room or toilet and bathroom are usually my mom-in-law’s bathroom. The wall tiles are from ceiling to floor.
Most modern bathroom, I’ve seen have shower wall pockets. So, I requested our contractor to make shower wall pockets. The quality bathroom tiles used is the homogenous tiles. This is the floor tiles used in the bath area. The advantage is that homogenous tiles are very dense in composition which makes them very resistant to physical marks, dirt, stain, and are more durable compared to the regular ceramic tiles.
In addition to modern bathroom design are the choice of water closet and lavatory sink.
Toilet and Bathroom Design Features:
- Water Closet / Siphonic Toilet bowl – Price ranges from Php9,000 up
Pozzi brand bought at Wilcon – Pozzi Alfeo 1Pc Toilet With Torpedo Flushing , Uf Soft Closing (Dual flush)
– Torpedo Flush Technology Has a long and narrow S-shaped trap way that is designed for a quieter and more powerful flush.
BRAUHN bought at All-Home – One-Piece Loraine Z081 Water Closet with Hyper Siphon Vortex flushing (Dual flush)
– Siphonic toilet can easily wash away dirt that adheres to the surface of the toilet, and it emits less noise during work. It is a silent toilet.
- Both of the water closet we choose has a dual-flush system 3/6L by which you can conserve water. You have the option to select a “full” flush to remove solids or a “reduced” flush to remove liquids only. The pozzi and brauhn brand water closet we bought uses the same siphon technology by which the siphonic action helps ‘pull’ waste from the bowl and into the building drain.
- Lavatory sink wall mounted
To save money, we use 60×60 Gloss tiles instead of the granite.
- Bathroom Lavatory Basin -Pozzi brand at Wilcon, – Price ranges from 2,000 up
- Homogenous bathroom tiles for flooring – CW Home Depot – Price varies, a bit pricey compare to a regular ceramic tile.
We also use Machuca design tiles which add beauty in the bathroom.
- Bathroom Wall tiles – to make the room bigger, we use 30×60 gloss-type tiles.
- Wall lamp – A& S Lamp , price varies, but we bought one in the photo at a cost around 600 pesos
- Water heater – Champs (Wilcon) the best and recommended brand, Stiebel Eltron (CW Home Depot) for multi-point, Sento (All-home) the cheapest.
- Ceiling pin light – Philips (recommended for its durability- ours is already on its 7-year)
- Shower Wall pocket – done by the contractor
- Glass block – allows natural light to pass through. No need to switch on lights during the day for energy-saving.
- Small window with screen- for proper ventilation.
- Exhaust Fan – for proper ventilation
- Minimialist Bathtub – I’ll update this.
Here’s the old toilet and bathroom Toilet and Bathroom Design .
Where to buy Buy Quality Bathroom Tiles?
When buying tiles, you can count on Wilcon, CW home depot, All-home, and Tile Express. These are the nearby stores in our area. Always ask their skilled staff about tiles so that they could explain the quality products better. At CW home depot, some quality tiles we used are the White Horse brand from Malaysia.
Take your time and plan before going to the store to buy your Toilet and bathroom items.
See related topic at Durable Bathroom Door.
My completed Home Expansion Project- Home Expansion Completed: House Design Ideas | Experience of a Super Mommy (esupermommy.com)
Credit: Toilet Types Toilet Types | MaP Toilet Testing (map-testing.com)