First Four Months Baby Care
These are the most challenging months for me. After giving birth, the very important task of a mother is feeding his child. Because I gave birth via a caesarian section (CS), I was able to breast feed my baby after a day of my bed rest to make sure he gets the COLOSTRUM ( a thick yellow fluid, rich in protein, growth factors, and immune factors secreted by the mammary glands of all female mammals during the first few days of lactation).
- For better milk production, repeatedly massage the breast all around towards the nipple.
- Apply warm compress to your breast so the milk flows easily.
- If your breasts are full, it is best to empty them by expressing.
- You can also take malunggay capsules to help you produce more milk. I recommend PRO-LACTA malunggay capsule, it is effective in my part.
- You can also use breast pump if the flow of the milk is slow and you can store breast milk in a bottle with it.
- Eat nutritious Foods. It is better to take meals with nutritious soup like Beef Soup with Veggies (Nilagang Baka), Tinolang manok and soup with seafood.
FOR BOTTLE FEEDING
- The baby needs tiny feed from time to time. Normally the standard milk bottle preparation is one scoop good for 1 fluid oz.
- Make sure you have complete bottle feeding equipment such as sterilizing tank, tongs for removing teats, and brush for cleaning bottles, several bottles and teats.
- Rinse the bottle and teats straight away after each feed.
- Use a bottle brush to wash the bottles, jug in hot soapy water and rinse carefully in running water.
- Rub Salt on both the inside and out of the teats to remove any milk or you can also dissolved salt in hot water with the teats. Rinse out thoroughly. (You can use a Glove to avoid allergic reactions from the salt).
- Put the washed bottles and the teats into the sterilizing tank and make sure everything is submerged. Let it boil for at least 10- 15 minutes then remove the bottles and teats using tongs. (sterilizing time for the bottles and teats depends on the kind of sterilizers, there are already high-tech sterilizing equipment)
Conserve water tips: You can use the sterile water for you and your baby’s bath.
- In preparing for milk, you can use a mineral distilled water like Wilkins, Absolute or boiled water for bottle feeding.
- Always prepare feeds when the baby is about to be fed and never make and keep feeds at a time and store it in a fridge.