I believe most of us are preparing for our Christmas shopping especially moms. I would like to share my simple cheap Christmas shopping ideas here in the Philippines.
I started my Christmas preparation planning as early as the “Ber” Month started. In September, I created my Christmas preparation list like our Christmas home decoration, new curtains to buy, cloth for sofa set, etc.
Last Wednesday after I completed my online task, I went to a nearby shopping mall to buy additional curtains and Christmas decorations. One of the best cheap shopping place to buy for Christmas decorations is the Uniwide Shopping Mall.
Cheap Christmas Decorations and cloth that I bought from Uniwide Shopping Mall:
- Set of 8 pieces Big Christmas Balls in four different Christmas Colors (red, green, blue and purple) cheap cost for only Php 99.00 (less than $3.00)
- 3 pieces of garlands cheap cost for only Php 19.00 each (less than $0.50)
- 8 yards of cotton cloth for sofa sheet cover for only Php 55.00 per yard (less than $2.00)
I was actually planning to buy a colorful big Christmas Parol (Star-shaped Christmas Lantern) but it is hard to find what I like and I have decided to spend my extra budget for other things in the house that could be useful. At the Uniwide shopping mall, you will really feel the spirit of Christmas with the colorful different Christmas decorations that they sell at an affordable price. Although I find some low quality items in Uniwide you can actually choose for a good one; like a Christmas Tree they sell you can have it for as low as Php 100.00 (less than $2.00). It is a plain thin Christmas Tree but you can actually make it look fatty beautiful by adding some colorful garlands and Christmas balls.
I must say that I am a budget-wise mom buyer because before I buy the product I canvass it first at the different stores that I am comfortable with, compare the quality, prices and availability then choose for the best value of my money.
Cheap Curtains that I bought from Ever Gotesco Grand Central Mall:
- Set of two panels of green curtains standard width of 85″ for only Php 300.00 (less than $8.00)
Good thing that I have already bought a plain beautiful yellow curtains at SM department store with a big 50% discount off so I just purchased some of the additional curtains in the nearest shopping mall in our place. We are very lucky here that we are surrounded with shopping malls that offer cheap value prices with good quality at your pick.
Christmas Shopping Suggestions:
- You might like to buy small cute items for your friends or colleagues. I am selling cheap/ affordable Angry Birds Ballpen and soft cellphone case that you can send a as a simple gift or token. Kindly click this link to view the affordable and useful angry birds gift suggestion for sale.
- For Christmas home/office decorations and gift ideas, Uniwide Shoppings malls has a variety of beautiful colorful Christmas decorations and gifts at an affordable price.
- If there is a mall wide sale, take advantage to purchase a buy one take one for curtains, bed sheets cover, table mantle, blanket or anything for your home since we are welcoming a new year ahead after the Christmas and changing those things in your home will give a bright aura for the incoming year. Usually, the items in 50% off or buy one take one are some of their old stocks which are expensive items but with good quality (you just have to pick the good one).
- If you really wanted to buy cheap household stuff, Ever Gotesco mall has a good varieties of selection at a good price especially the curtains, pillows, pillow case and a lot more. They also have a wide selection in clothing line for men, women, teens and babies at a good value compared to other malls.
- If you are planning to prepare for your low value Christmas Gifts, aside from Uniwide and Ever Gotesco Shopping malls; you can also visit cdrking for computer gadgets at an affordable price, Daiso Japanese store that can be found inside the Waltermart mall and Victory mall, Isetan Shopping mall (Sta.Cruz and Claro M. Recto branch in Metro Manila), Jackman Shopping malls or you may try to visit some stall or kiosk (tiange) just make sure that the place is safe.
- If you are near in Victory mall, there are lots of good buys at the second floor there for clothing, bags, shoes, hello kitty products and a lot more at good values which is also good for Christmas shopping.
- If you are slightly social and wanted to buy your Christmas shopping at a Classy well-known shopping mall, you can also find good buys at Landmark, SM department store, Robinsons mall and Trinoma mall but you only have limited stuff there to buy cheap or at low cost.
- Lastly, if you wanted a super tipid budget for your Christmas Shopping then Divisoria is a place for you. I have a very informative helpful post about my Divisoria Shopping at a super low cost. I decided not to buy my Christmas decorations there because Uniwide is a good place for that but I will surely go there in the first or second week of December to buy my casual clothing at home (pambahay).
I hope this article may help you in your Christmas Shopping. Happy Shopping!
Latest posts by Jem Alvarado (see all)
- The Apartment TV Winners – Design Your Destiny Season 3 - 12/11/2013
- Happy 6th Wedding Anniversary, Daddy! - 12/09/2013
- List of businesses in Blogapalooza 2013 - 12/09/2013