Toddler age is a very good time for bonding through various activities and games. When my little boy reached two years of age, I have noticed that he can easily learn a lot of different things such as shapes, numbers and letters illustrations, actions, songs, figures, characters, food and a lot more. He is also playful and loves to be hug most of the times.
Here are the things that we can expect of our 2 year-old toddler.
- Begins to grasp simple time concepts like “We will play after you drink your milk”. If my little boy was not yet in the mood for bath time, I encourage him by saying “We will take a bath with Santino (May Bukas Pa main character)”. I will let him choose his favorite character toy to go with him in bath time.
- Understands the relationship between objects; may grasp the concept of simple puzzles or shape sorting toys. The hammer toy with shape sorting in different colors of my little boy really improves his grasp on different shapes, colors and how to rebuild the object in its position.
- Knows if he/she is a boy or girl. My little boy would distinguish a boy from a girl from the built of their bodies. For a girl, he would say “sexy” and for a boy he would say “Macho”. So even I have belly fat she would say “Mommy is sexy” which makes me really smile and brighten the day.
- Can tell his own name and age. My little boy learned to tell his age and name when he is 18 months. Now that he is 33 month-old, aside from telling his name and age he can tell where he lives.
- Says names of toys. He learned naming toys when he is about 18 months but now he is even assigning a name to some extra toys that we haven’t introduce to him.
- Repeat words. My little boy easily repeat words whatever it is. He also imitates and speak along the television programs which is so good to hear.
- Hums or tries to sing. Since I am usually singing him lullaby and other nursery songs, he listens then sing along with me. When I hum he also hums. When his daddy played some familiar videos or songs, my little boy will react on the song by humming, singing and dancing.
- Enjoys looking at books. My husband and I are collecting educational board books for him. I have noticed that he loves to look at books Sometimes he would pick one book that will be his favorite book for the day.