An exciting fun way to celebrate your kid’s birthday is to celebrate it in school. How happy and excited the kids are when you talk about birthday celebration. I have noticed it the first time my niece celebrated her birthday in school when she turned five years old. Now the time has come for me in the preparation of a birthday celebration for my little boy who turned four a few days ago in school.
Celebrating birthday in a learning school is a simple yet filled with joy and excitement for the kids. When my son celebrated his birthday in school, the teacher still provide the regular class teaching and adjusted the time to give an extra time for the birthday celebration. They allotted the birthday celebration in the recess time.
Tips in Celebrating Kid’s Birthday in School
- Prepare the birthday invitation card for your son’s classmates and teacher which I did in my post “Kid’s Birthday Party Batman Invitation card“.
- Plan the budget for the birthday celebration. You should estimate the total number of person in your kids classroom including the teacher. For 25 persons, my budget for the birthday celebration is Php4,000 including the cake.
- Make a list of the foods that you will bring in school. The usual food package for little children are spaghetti and chicken combination, spaghetti and hotdog, sandwich, donut or cupcake, ice cream cup, and tetra pack drinks. Avoid using barbecue sticks because children might play with it. The food package that I prepare for my son’s birthday is spaghetti and fried chicken, sundae ice cream, and tetra pack juice drink.
- For the cake, you can bring a small cake with dedication and it is better to give it to the teacher after the celebration. If you are in a tight budget, you can use a colorful cupcake as the cake in blowing of the candle. I bring 8″ diameter round cake with Batman theme logo and it only cost me Php300 at the nearby bakeshop in our place.
- Prepare a simple giveaway or token such as loot bags filled with sweets, candies, biscuits, jellies or anything that is useful to the little kids. In my sons birthday celebration, I prepare a paper loot bag filled with jellies, lollipop, and biscuits. The paper bag cost Php2.00 each and I bought Batman stickers to enclosed the paper bag.
At the end of the birthday celebration, my son received a bunch of gifts from his classmates. No matter how simple and small the celebration is, the joy in the kid’s face is priceless in celebrating birthday in school.