Who’s excited for the opening of the class in school? For sure my fellow parents are very busy for the preparation of their child’s requirements in school.While most are still buying for their student’s school materials,let me share my back-to-school smart shopping tips. I am almost done with the completion of my child who will be studying as grade 2 this school year.
From my recent experiences with school materials or things that my son used, I am going to share to you my simple and smart ways of how and what I choose when it comes to school things. These school things are durable, easy to use, and comfortable for the students.
7 Back-to-School Smart Shopping Tips
- School Trolley Bags – I would suggest box-typed trolley bag that has a full opening on top – front compartment with lead pocket, folder holder, and adjustable or removable sides for water tumbler. The full opening on top will allow the child to pick up and return the notebooks and books inside the compartment conveniently as he sees all the contents inside it. This box-typed bag will prevent books and notebooks from being folded. Some proven durable school bag brands are Hawk bags and Tuscany. I bought Tuscany box-typed trolley bag for my son at a price of approximately P3,500. For Hawk box-typed trolley bags, it cost around P4,000 plus. Regular trolley school bags cost at around P600 up.
- Books and Notebooks Plastic cover – To lessen the time in cutting plastic covers for books and notebooks, I would suggest cut-size plastic covers. You can choose a size specifically for books or notebooks. This are normally available at leading bookstores like National Bookstore.
- Pencil case – For grade school, I highly recommend a magnetic pencil case. Just make sure to pick the one with a bigger magnet to make sure that it will close tightly. This pencil case is very easy to open and close especially for our young grade school students. Magnetic pencil case price starts at around P75 up.
- School Shoes – For young grade school students, I would suggest school shoes with Velcro straps, anti-slip shoe sole with light material. It will be very easy for our grade school students to wear it most especially in times when rushing to go to school. The adjustable Velcro straps will make the shoes to fit in just right with their fit and prevent from accidentally loosing or being removed from their small asfeet.
- Socks – Since our students will be wearing socks all the time, make sure to choose durable and comfortable socks. Choose socks with double garter and soft cotton material for comfort. For my son I bought Burlington casual sock and the one with Softtrax tech for extra comfort, 100% soft cotton, super absorbent, and cool fresh cotton.
- Underwear– For extra comfort, choose a seamless or garterless underwear. I bought Hanford boys comfort brief for my son. Carter brief brand are also durable.
- MultiVitamins – To help our students maintain a healthy body aside from giving them healthy foods, let’s give them multivitamins. I am a mom of an All-around kid and I highly recommend Propan TLC multivitamin. It is a brand of pediatric multivitamins and minerals for children 1-12 years old, with 10 essential vitamins that are combined with Taurine, Lysine, and Chlorella.
There you have it! My 7 Back-to-School Smart Shopping Tips. I actually have more to share for school tips so stay tuned! Happy back-to-school shopping!