Is your child bored with their ordinary lunch baon? During the first weeks of school, I noticed that to my son. He is now studying whole day in school so I always prepare packed lunch in the morning. I wanted him to consume all his baon to keep him healthy. Trying out different lunch ideas is very effective to encourage him eat his baon. In this post, I’ll be sharing the Easy Recipes Burger Steak for School Baon.
Since my son is in grade school and wanted bite-sized meal, I use mini rice scoops and slice portions of the viand. Just like what I did in preparing Asparagus wrapped in bacon recipe. I derive this Easy Recipes Burger Steak from the popular Jollibee burger steak. Of course, there is a difference with the taste of the gravy sauce. Instead of using mushroom, I add young corn. I think that corn is more enticing for children to eat than mushroom.
Easy Recipes Burger Steak
- Burger Patties about 3-5 depending on your kids appetite. (you can use any burger patties like home made or Ulam burger)
- Gravy mix (I recommend using Del Monte quick and easy gravy mix. This is kid-friendly compared to other gravy mix which contains a lot of spices. Sometimes I cook only half of the mixture and store half part of the gravy mix at the refrigerator.
- 1 cup water or 1/2 cup water if you will be using just half of the gravy mix.
- Young corn or Baby corn
- 2-4 gloves of garlic crushed
- 1 small onion sliced.
- In a pan, fry the burger patties in medium heat. (Do not over fry, cook just right). Set aside.
- Pour the gravy mix powder in water mix well.
- Sauté the garlic and onions. Add the gravy mixture.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the young corn and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour this gravy sauce with young corn on the burger patties.
You can slice the cooked burger patties or keep it whole depending on your kid’s taste.
Young Corn Health Benefits:
Corn is a nutritious vegetable. It has fiber content which aids in digestion plus folate, thiamin, phosphorus, vitamin C, and magnesium.
Burger patties are good source of protein for body-building.
Most kids love this recipe! My son and his classmates so liked this easy recipes Burger Steak. This is another well-loved recipe for kids that is not only delicious but healthy too. Try it for your kids.