As parents, we want clean and safe drinking water to protect the health of our families. With the recently launched Unilever Philippines Pureit “Sure Ka ba?” a water safety awareness Campaign, it empower us, the household consumers to question the safety of our drinking water. Through this campaign, read on how you can get a safe drinking water that is economical too.
I am thankful that I was invited as one of the media guests. During the launch of the Pureit “Sure Ka Ba?” campaign, we watched a video of how a typical water refilling station processed the order of a customer, revealing how refilled water can become contaminated especially during handling, storage and delivery of containers. I actually stopped ordering water from a refilling station for more than three months now for safety reason. The video shows the real thing that is usually happening the moment you order from a water refilling station.
Watch Pureit “Sure ka ba?” campaign video.
Pureit “Sure ka ba?” Video campaign
- According to the 2013 Kantar Worldpanel In-Home Packaged Water Report, roughly 60 percent of urban households buy their drinking water from wates refilling stations.
- The risk of contamination (in water refilling stations) comes from improperly sanitized containers and caps, poor personnel, hygiene, and the improper handling, storage and transport of refilled water.
- Almost 80% of water refill stations in the study were found to be non-compliant with the Department of Health (DOH) sanitary code.
- Bottled water samples tested positive for Total Coliform in 70% of water refilling stations. This attributable to the inadequate washing and sanitizing of empty bottles prior to refilling, and to improper handling of product water and poor hygiene by water refilling station personnel.
- 70% of licensed water refilling stations were not fully compliant with the sanitation regulations of the DOH, at the time of inspection.
After watching the video, most of us can relate. I’m sure the first thing that came into your mind is an alternative on how to get a safe drinking water. Thumbs up to the management of Unilever Philippines for enlightening this issue. They did not just show the down side but they brought up a helpful way for this concern.
Unilever Philippines VP for Homecare and Food Benjie Yap presented this video. He explains the company’s decision to develop state-of-the-art water purifier Pure It. The new water purifier product is part of the company’s Unilever Sustainable Living Program (USLP) which aims to improve the health and well-being of 1 billion people around the world by the year 2020.
“Through the video, we wanted to show households, especially the moms, how refilled water can easily be contaminated due to improper handling and transport of containers and other human factors. This, in turn, can pose health risks for the family, especially the children,” said Brian Duruin, Pureit brand manager.
Some of the deadly diseases that can be triggered by drinking contaminated water are diarrhea, cholera and typhoid fever. This was mentioned many times in news by The United Nations Children’s Fund.
To help address this concern, Unilever has introduced Pureit Excella, an in-home, non-electric water purifier that converts tap water into clean and safe drinking water.
How safe is Pureit water purifier?
Pureit has an advanced five-step purification process that eliminates 99.9999% of bacteria, viruses and parasites to meet the stringent safety standards of the US Environmental Protection Agency. Two product demonstrations were held to showcase the efficacy of Pureit in eliminating microscopic disease-causing germs and bacteria. The demonstrations were conducted by the Unilever Research and Development team and a microbiologist from SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
The photo above is the actual test result that proves water from Pureit is safe from microscopic disease-causing germs and bacteria. The one with blue color indicates the presence of germs. The output water from Pureit Excella has no traces of germs at the left side.
Subsequently, Unilever Philippines vice president for Home Care and Foods Benjie Yap talked about how Pureit’s “Sure Ka Ba?” campaign and other efforts to bring safe drinking water closer to Filipino families are part of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan which allows Unilever to provide health and wellness, environment, nutrition and livelihood programs on a global scale.
Unilever Pureit Water Purifiers | How much is Pureit water purifier?
Currently, there are three types of Unilever Pureit Water Purifiers in the market. All of Pureit products meets stringent global norms of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), USA, for effective removal of harmful bacteria & viruses, making your water completely protected germs.
- Pureit Excella- Have a capacity of 9 liters each. There is no need for electric power to use this. Suggested retail price is Php 4,998.
- Pureit Marvella UV – Convenient water storage of 4L. Has a high intensity UV lamp for maximum inactivation of harmful bacteria, virus, and parasites. Compact and sleek design. Suggested retail price is Php 11,000. (free installation)
- Pureit Marvella RO – Convenient water storage of 4L. Turns hard water up to 1800 ppm into soft and sweet water. So, if you are residing near the sea (water that has salt content), this water purifier is recommended to use.Suggested retail price is Php 16,000. (free installation)
Using Unilever Pureit water purifier have great advantages. Number one is safe drinking water. Secondly, convenience that you don’t need to transport to get a safe water. No more worries because you have full control for a safe water as you see how it works. Another advantage is being economical. Honestly, among the water purifier that I’ve seen, Pureit is the most affordable, advanced, safest, and have a modern design suit in today’s generation. Just take a look at the photo above of how it perfectly fits at home. It doesn’t matter whether you are in a minimalist condo or in a big house. Although we have a bio pot water purifier at home, I think this exceeds my consideration in choosing a water purifier with its excellent features for safety.
Where to buy Pureit water purifier?
It is now available in the the following retailers:
- The Landmark
- SM Appliance Center
- Tiong San
- True Value
The event was held at the Avida Showroom in Glorietta Center, Makati City where Pureit demo units will be on display for the month of September. Avida, one of the country’s leading real estate developers for the mid-market segment of the industry, supports Unilever and Pureit in their effort to provide households with access to safe drinking water to ensure their health.
For more details, please visit http://www.pureitwater.com/