Talbos ng Kamote (Ipomea batatas) is one of the healthiest natural food that is so easy to find in the market. The leafy Kamote tops can be eaten as vegetable. There are various ways to enjoy the healthy goodness of Talbos ng Kamote. It can be combine with soupy fish dish, you can make ensaladang Talbos ng Kamote and you can make Talbos ng Kamote juice with kalamansi or lemon.
Talbos ng Kamote Health benefits:
- The leafy tops are used for diabetes and the crushed leaves are applied to boils and acne.
- Good for people who are feeling sick and unwell because of its nutritional values: High in calories and vitamin A. It also contains calcium, 30; magnesium, 24; potassium, 373; sodium, 13; phosphorus, 49; chlorine, 85; sulphur, 26; and iron, 0.8 mg/100 g; iodine, 4.5 g/kg; manganese, copper, and zinc are present in traces.
- Promotes good health especially to people who were ill or who had undergone a medical treatment. I have proven and tested the Talbos ng Kamote juice that I prepared for my cousin who was confined last May at the hospital due to Dengue fever helps her a lot in her immediate recovery.
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Regulates good bowel movements.
- Destroys bacteria (Aactericide) and inhibit fungi (Fungicide).
(some source from firstvitaplus.net).
Overall, Talbos ng Kamote is a great helpful plant that each family should consider in preparing meals or food.