Watching movies together with your family at home is a great bonding activity. You are not only relaxed but it gives you a sense of worry-free condition because they are at your side enjoying a moment in a movie time. Since I started to watch movies in my childhood days, there are several great movies that I will not forget such as the Ewoks, The Never Ending Story, Free Willy, Ghostbusters and many to mention. These movies have good lessons to learn for the whole family especially for the kids.
In the millennium year with the innovation of technology enhancing the movie sound effects, animation, digital videography and high quality movie screenplay, movies becomes even better. Let me share to you the top family friendly movies that instil good values which I have watched.
Top 5 Family Friendly Movies that Instils Good Values
1. Finding Nemo (2003 – Rated G) – The #1 favorite family films in NickJr and the newest Classic kid’s movie. It is a story of a brave little fish “Nemo” saved by his overprotective father clownfish Marlin and a friend named Dory (voiced by Ellen DeGeneres) when he is caught by a scuba diver and deposited in a dentist’s office fish tank far away.
Family good values to discuss and learn: The importance of listening to parents, things to do if you ever get separated and for children to learn how to overcome their fears with your guidance.
2. Toy Story 3 (2010 – Rated G) – The Toy Story began in 1995 followed the part 2 in 1999 and the last instalment of the Toy Story trilogy was shown in 2010 which is worth the wait. This is highest-grossing Disney’s first totally computer-animated movie that features a wondrous celebration of childhood as as Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusak, and a cast of stars lend their voices. It answers the age-old question of what toys do while their owners are away which is very interesting and exciting to imaginge.
Family good values to discuss and learn: Trust your family because in the end they are always there for you and will not leave you no matter what. Problem will be solved through cooperation and helping hand.
3. Harry Potter (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 – Rated PG) – The movie consists of eight fantasy films and the series was produced by David Heyman and stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as the three leading characters, Harry Potter,Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. I think the magical powers, characters, events and astonishing plots made the movie really something to be watched.
Harry Potter Movie Parts and title
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1(2010)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2(2011)
Family good values to discuss and learn: True friendship can become your family, whom you can rely and trust; never judge a book by its cover for the inner self is important, reading books can get you so far and smart like what Hermione did in the movie. Death should not be feared but instead live life to the best no matter what circumstances may come.
4. Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (2005- Rated G/PG) – This is a story about Five lucky children who win desired golden tickets for a behind-the-scenes tour of Willy Wonka’s legendary chocolate factory. In the movie, the children showed nasty behaviour and disobedience resulting each to experience unexpected and nightmarish events in the factory but one child is different with a pure kind heart.
Family good values to discuss: Learn how to handle temptation, greed, and how to resist doing the wrong thing because a bad behaviour may consequence in unpleasant outcome. This is a true rags-to-riches story that the whole family can be inspired in.
5. Enchanted (2007 – Rated G) – Amy Adams plays the reality-struck Giselle, while Patrick Dempsey stars as one of her love interests. The musical scores will have you singing aloud next time you stroll through Central Park! An irresistible movie combined with cartoon fairy tale Disney Princess plot and the real world settings that are truly interesting to watch.
Family good values to discuss and learn: Everything can just happen, but you have to go out and earn it or find it yourself. Living in a Fairy tale is not the same as the real world but surely there is happy ending if you prefer to live with the right choice.
To learn more about fun and healthy motherhood discussions, please visit and like us in facebook at http://www.facebook.com/seriouslyfunmoms.
Latest posts by Jem Alvarado (see all)
- PLDT HOME DSL “Ask Diego” - 04/16/2014
- Thank you and Goodbye, BLPDC! - 04/16/2014
- Safeguard Germ Alarm: Promotes Proper Hygiene through Hand-washing - 04/15/2014