Our Family Room Design Ideas. It was last year when we have done our home expansion project. I am so happy to share with you the interior of the family room.
Our Family Room Design Ideas
First, we define what is a family room. For me and my husband, a family room is a special place in our house where we can spend quality time together with our family. It is a wonderful part of the home for bonding activities.
Second, we carefully think about what furniture and things to set on that area. We envision the family room as a place where we can watch movies together in a big screen. A spacious room for entertainment and pleasure.
Third, knowing its purpose mean a functional room for every member of the family. There is a big screen for projecting movies. A piano for my son who plays music.
We set a coffee table for tea, coffee, and snack time. This table also serves as a desk for homeschooling and work. There is a folding table set just beside the balcony for other purposes.
You can find the treadmill station here for fitness. A side table for homeschooling staff usage. There is a small TV console for multipurpose function. The cat tower is also placed here for them to sleep and play along.
Moreover, to give it a more family room look, we posted different family photos. There are artworks of my children that you can see in frames.
Our family room design ideas are based on the purpose we wanted as a family. It is an entertainment room that you can turn into a study room or art room for recreational activities. It is truly functional! Our interior design is modern contemporary.
To make the family room more homey, we set a recliner for comfort. There are various lighting that you can choose depending on your mood. A trolley cart filled with art materials and basic school items is in this room as well.
Where to buy furniture?
When buying furniture, you should consider the budget, quality, theme, and the availability of the items you need. With our furniture, we purchase some big discount. We love to buy affordable furniture.
- Recliner – One-seater with rocker and Two-seater (It only cost me less than PHP 30,000 purchased at CW Home Depot during their sale.
- Tingby side table on casters – this table is easy to move around as your needs change. ( Bought at IKEA Philippines at a cost of Php 1,990, I think now the price increments)
- Lack Side Table – bought from Ikea and the cheapest side table we found there. You can find it beside the stairs. Its color is beige with white oak effect. Priced at around 790.
- TV stand with cabinet (140cm) Bought from FB marketplace Bodega Sale at a cost of 2,000 pesos with shipping fee of 700 pesos and assemble fee of 200. Buying tip on FB marketplace: Choose the seller with recommended reviews and offers Cash on Delivery.
- Coffee Table – I love and support local hardwood materials so I picked an Acacia Coffee Table. I ordered it from a skilled wood furniture maker named Dong Salvador in Dasmarinas, Cavite. I browse the FB marketplace and I found his advertisement. Aside from the coffee table, he beautifully built the Mahogany wooden planks of our stairs. The coffee table costs at around 6,000 pesos at that time.
Talk about lighting, you can find a modern chandelier, pendant light, LED strips, down lights, and floor lamp light stand. We prefer the hues of neutral colors such as gray, white, beige, brown, and warm lights.
We do not want a boring room so we added a red floor lamp stand. It gives a beautiful mood inside the room. The lighting combination provides a homey boost in the ambiance.
This room is an easy access to our family for a less free ambiance. There is enough space and the ceiling is high too. It has a good ventilation because there are enough windows in the room.
Absolutely, our family room design is something big we did last year. We are so glad with the outcome. It serves its purpose and very functional. Thankful to the people behind for making it happen.
Stay tuned for more of our home improvement post.