My husband and I love the Sweet and Sour Pork Dish. In any occasion, I love foods with tomato sauce and bell pepper. In my search for a yummy recipe for sweet and sour pork, I believe that this recipe is one of my best that I truly love to cook. I consulted kitchenomics.com but I make my own version with a twist.
Note: Choose the pork that is fresh and have the pork slices thinly.
Nutrition: High in Vitamin B3 that promotes good digestion and healthy skin. Green apple has plenty of vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6) and minerals (Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Zinc) which can improves one’s appetite, reduces blood pressure and beneficial in treating gout.
- 400 g pork
- 1 pc egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarter
- 1 pc small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 pc small green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium size green apple or you can also add Carrots
- 2 pouches (230 g) DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
- DEL MONTE FILIPINO/ORIGINAL style tomato sauce (250g) or (57g) DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix, dissolve in 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp iodized rock salt
- BOIL pork in 1 cup water until just tender. Cut into cubes ( 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″) make thin cuts. Set aside.
- BEAT egg. Pour the flour and iodized rock salt then mix until smooth. Dip the Pork in batter mixture. Deep fry each piece until golden brown. Set Aside.
- SIMMER the Tomato Sauce until thick. Add the bell pepper, green Apple and the DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits with syrup then pour over the fried pork. Remove from heat after one to two minutes.
Remarks: This recipe is 99.9% so delicious and yummy. Adding Green Apple enhances the taste and flavor of the sweet and sour Pork. It is very easy to cook!