This is the first year that I started to prepare food (Baon) for my child in school. I was able to learn some tips in preparing kid’s baon from my sister who have the two kids going to school. It is very important to know the foods that our children are eating in school. When children are out of the house and studying in school, we cannot monitor what they eat. The best way to make sure that they are eating healthy and safe food is to prepare their food or baon at home before they go to school.
Healthy and Fun Ways in preparing food for child in school
- Make a list of foods or baon (good for one week) to buy before you go to the supermarket.
- Choose cupcakes and breads that are not high in sugar. High in sugar will make your kids hyperactive in school.
- Always check the expiration of the foods and choose the food with nutritious ingredients.
- Snacks that are rich in vitamins and minerals are great choice such as bread, sandwich, cookies and biscuits.
- If you have enough time, you can prepare a sandwich. Hotdog sandwich is one the favorites of bigger kids.
- Try different flavors and variants of biscuits. Children loves to taste different flavors.
- Prepare healthy fruit juice such Calamansi, Orange and Pineapple. They are easy to prepare but if you do not have enough time, you can go for tetra pack juice such as Zesto drinks or Yogurt drinks.
- Always check their lunch box or food box when they arrived home. If you are at work and not home, you can ask somebody in the house to check it for you like your mom-in-law, yaya or maid. If there is a left over and it is still good to eat, encourage your child to finish it.
- Always clean their lunch box or food box every day before using it again.
To learn more about fun and healthy motherhood discussions, please visit and like us in facebook at http://www.facebook.com/seriouslyfunmoms or simply hit the like button below.