In preparing school baon for kids, we wanted the yummiest, healthiest and the quickest way to prepare it. What I am going to share here is my new found recipe that is yummy, easy, and quick to prepare. This is the Asparagus wrapped in Bacon with rice balls. My son and his classmate loves this recipe very much!
School Baon Ideas: Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- Oyster sauce or salt
- Olive oil or cooking oil
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 205 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the Asparagus in about 2-3 inches long. (If you have baby asparagus there is no need to cut it).
- Season the Asparagus with a small amount of Oyster sauce or salt.
- Wrap cut Asparagus with bacon just enough with 2 rolls. Place each Asparagus wrapped in bacon in a oven tray at least one inch apart. Drizzle some Olive oil or cooking oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables — high in folic acid and a good source of potassium, fiber, thiamin, and vitamins A, B6, and C.
Kids Reaction on Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon Recipe: They loved it! Not only my son but when he shared it to his classmates and teacher they truly appreciate the taste. His classmate thought that my son is always bringing food from the restaurant as told by his mom when I’ve got a chance to talked to her.
Estimate price breakdown: (approximate)
- Asparagus – PhP50-Php100 /bundle
- Bacon – Php150/250grams (for my son’s baon, I only use 6 slices of bacon and I can still cook the other portion on the following days)
- Oyster sauce – Php 50/ bottle (you can use in cooking other recipes such as Chopsuey)
This is not the only well-loved recipe for kid’s school baon especially for lunch that I prepared. I will be sharing more recipes which is absolutely a hit for kids. I am fond of preparing yummy foods for my son to encourage him to eat more and finish his foods. Keeping our kids healthy is one of the most important part of parenting.